Monday, January 3, 2011

Pregnancy is NOT easy!

So I knew pregnancy would be tough. I was actually drinking a throwback pepsi while peeing on a stick when we first found out I was pregnant (the drink didn't make it into the bathroom with me, but it was still waiting for me when I got out...) so that was hard to dump the rest of such a hard to find drink down the sink knowing I wouldn't have another one til May. I have coped well with the no caffeine and no alcohol, since I didn't drink much anyways. The hardest day to day thing has been the deli meats. I know thats such a low chance of an infection from bacteria and that I could heat my sandwich, but I don't really care for warm sandwiches. But tonight was the hardest of them all and I am surprised it hasn't happened to me earlier in the pregnancy. I decided to make brownies. While I was mixing the batter it dawned on me that I can't eat the batter. Have you EVER in your entire life baked brownies (or some other scrumptuous treat) and NOT licked the bowl/spoon/fingers???? Seriously, TRY IT! It is near impossible. At least 2/3 of the pan is gone...only 1/3 left to go. Dr. Langer told me to gain weight...doesn't eating a batch of brownies count? :)

4 comments:

  1. i'm pretty sure eating deli meat and cookie/brownie dough is totally fine. you may want to look into that further. i want to see a picture of the baby bump.

    ReplyDelete
  2. both are very low risk things, but especially with deli meats where i typically eat them every day its just something i dont want to risk because it would be my luck. ill try and post a picture soon. i cant even count the number of times yesterday students/faculty said "holy crap! you actually LOOK pregnant!" it took almost 24 weeks to get a belly...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had just finished a beer right before I peed on the stick... Awesome. I didn't have another one though. And I cut back on the caffeine, but couldn't give it up completely. I did avoid anything that might make me sick though (meat, raw eggs, etc...)

    I'm sure you've been told before, but it really is all worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lauren.. you can buy pasteurized eggs.. then the batter is okay for ya!

    ReplyDelete