Monday, January 17, 2011

Soon I will be naked...


So the Krendel Family graciously sent us a web cam so we may skype with them so it makes it easy to do the side pictures of Nuggette--so here she is! I was doing really well with clothes for a while. I purchased and received some maternity pants from GAP and thoroughly enjoy them, despite knowing they cost an arm and a leg! It wasn't until Friday when I went to work that I had the sad realization that I need to invest in maternity tops. As a staple in my work wardrobe I very frequently wear a button up shirt under the sweater--it looks nice and my classroom is drafty so it keeps me warm. Unfortunately, my shirt probably could have been used as a weapon because I am sure if I aimed correctly and exhaled just a little bit, I could have shot a student in the eye with a button. We later went out to dinner at Texas Road House where I had to unbutton my shirt (as opposed to the average American who unbuttons their pants after a meal...). So on Saturday when we created our registries we went to Target...there were no button maternity dress shirts and the selection was rather bland although I did just end up buying a plain long sleeve t shirts. We then went to Old Navy where there selection was even smaller with nothing work appropriate. Think sequins and clubbing clothes, but extra room for a belly. When I came home frustrated I went to gap.com where they did have work shirts...over priced. I checked motherhood maternity and wasn't really feeling their clothes as well. Isn't there a store that sells decent maternity clothes at a decent price?? I ended up buying a bunch of shirts from Gap since they were actually having a sale on maternity clothes (shocker!) and I could earn points on my gap card. Moral of the story...I may end up on the 6 o clock news soon since I opted for free! (=super slow) shipping for indecent exposure from being partially naked as I wait the arrival of my new shirts. Thank you for letting me vent. As for a regular update with the wee woodcock shes doing pretty good. Were into our 25th week so we are nearing an end to our second trimester--holy smokes! I think Nuggette put too much pressure on my back and something is misaligned (although, I suppose everything is misaligned since I have a severe case of scoliosis...). Needless to say I look amazing teaching since any wrong movement while sitting or standing leaves me feeling like I was shot in the back while my whole body twitches and I can only imagine the look my face makes holding in a curse word from pain. So the doc recommended a chiropractor who does prenatal care. The good news is, as my body is expanding and stretching it is very easy to pop things back into place. The downside? It is just as easy for them to pop back out again...Anyways, we are just busy here with life and the preparation for Nuggette's arrival. We've scheduled for a breastfeeding class and a birthing class. The latter of which I am sure will make me wonder why I ever wanted to be preggers in the first place...

7 comments:

  1. no curse words around the wee one..
    so happy and excited for you.. thanks for sharing this journey with us

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your belly is finally bigger then mine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehehe she's getting big!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Old Navy's online maternity selection is much better than the store's!

    You an Nugette look great!

    ReplyDelete